Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Update on the GFCF diet

Jana and I have felt that the GFCF diet has done Kyle absolutely no good, as well as the MB12 shots. The shots make Kyle SUPER hyper for a day and a half. He can't even focus on anything for a minute....babbles like a monkey and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. It also takes him an hour and a half to fall asleep at night. And naps? Forget it! So, the MB12 shots are out. Can't even talk me back into it. No way, no how. We are experimenting with the GFCF diet. I've analyzed behavior patterns and stool for the last three days. Today, I removed the "CF" portion of the diet, and gave him milk, etc. Now, I will watch his behavior for the next few days and see if anything changes. If I see a major change in behavior, attitude, and stool, he will become casein free again. Then, in another two months, I will remove the "GF" and give him gluten. Same experiment there. I'm predicting nothing will change over the next few days, although it's possible he will get loose stools. So I'm trying to limit him to only milk to avoid too much dairy after being free for two months.   

--
~Nate.

No comments: