Sunday, September 2, 2007

He Talked!!

Okay, well maybe he didn't recite the Pledge of Allegiance, but I've been working on this one for three weeks! :
 
I've been trying to get Kyle to say "Go" when I find a motivating activity which is appropriate to the command, such as swinging. Apparently swinging, what I thought was his favorite thing to do, wasn't good enough to do the trick. I tried everything: using one of his favorite movie character's voice (Boz the big green Bear: yes, people would pay money to hear me talking like a big dumb bear), I tried not letting him swing unless he said it (that wasn't any fun Dad), I tried prompting him by pushing him once and requiring him to say it. NOTHING! Nothing worked...and I knew he could say "Go!"     
 
One thing he does like to do is watch me mow the lawn. This evening, he was following me around the yard with interest and enthusiasm. He seemed to get extra excited when I was about to start the mower. So I said "Here we......(and paused)" He know's that a prompt for, and he said, "GO!" I was so excited I probably looked like a crazy man dancing up and down, but WHO CARES!!! :) He was proud of himself. He said it everytime I was about to start the mower. Yey for Kyle! He also said "byebye" and "gbye" when I left to take the grass to the backyard.
 
Another Victory!
 
Kyle's Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, and very cute!

sherrill777 said...

This is great news! Do you think your efforts to change his diet are possibly helping too?