Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ramblings from a Daddy

I've been sort of a ghost lately, as I've just been stressed out and busy busy busy. Last week was aweful. Between the kids not eating ANYTHING I made and not having enough time time for ANYTHING, I was totally burned out by the end of the week. Kyle's appointment with the Child Developmental Center with Kristine was cancelled b/c she was sick. So they rescheduled me for ANOTHER month. So we'll go in on June 8th. I wasn't too happy about that. But, Kristine is the best in the Tri-Cities from what I'm told, as far as rehabilitation goes. There will be a team of therapists there to evaluate Kyle. 
 
We went camping last weekend and it was awesome. We had so much fun....I'll have to get a new video up here. I have a couple to make...Jana wants me to make a slideshow with some pictures she dug up. I'll probably have that stuff up eventually. Things are so busy right now. I have two or three major house projects going right now too..there never seems to be enough time in the day for everything. 
 
I'm rambling.
 
A Thanks  to Jana's dad, Jim, for helping us with our electrical work in our house...converting an old panel and removing and re-routing two sub-panels. YEY! Our house won't burn down now :) That and I can start the dining room remodeling with the sub-panels out of the way. And thanks to Jim and Barb for watching Isaac during Kyle's appointments...he has a lot of them!! I really appreciate them....especially since they decided to live in the Tri-Cities :)  
 
Kyle has an appointment with Kadlec Hospital's Speech Therapy professionals on Friday at 10:45. So pray that goes well and I get some good useful tools to take home with me. I'm also concerned about insurance coverage. They will cover 80% of our visits, but our yearly maximum is 30 visits. As anyone with autism knows Kyle can blow through 30 visits in two months EASILY. Sooooo I have to jump through some arbitration hoops so just pray everything goes well. The battles begin. The battles are everywhere.
 
I'm also pleading with the City of Richland to put in a couple road signs on my street that say either "Disabled Child at Play" or "Deaf Child at Play" Either will work for the purposes of making drivers aware. Currently, cars go about 40 MPH in our 25 MPH zone and I JUST WANT TO THROW ROCKS AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kyle is fairly safe around the road but he does dart up and down the sidewalk. He knows the rule pretty well but STILL has no sense of danger. Zip Zilch. He smiles at the big cars as they drive by eight feet away from him. 
 
Good news on the GFCF diet: I'm a better cook. Therefore, they are eating MORE of my food. Yey! It's getting easier......I made all kinds of goodies...I'll get some pictures up here soon. My favorite: Chicken nuggets....with actual gluten free breading...and they are yummy....at least Isaac thinks so....Kyle ate a few today....I bought some Gerber baby food vegetables to see if Kyle would eat them that way....Tried the SWEET POTATOS today....so far so good...he ate SOME of them..got tired of it real quick though. 
 
ALSO, Kyle is eating his NASTY NASTY NASTY NASTY.......I can't say it enough NASTY liquid vitamins and minerals! Jana is giving them to him b/c I straight REFUSE. I wouldn't feed these to my dog....but at least Kyle's eating them so I'm happy. These things have like up to 15,000 times the amount of vitamins and minerals that are recommended for a daily dosage for an adult (depending on the vitamin/mineral)..THAT is why they taste so nasty... tastes like you're eating metal or something
 
We also started Kyle on his Methyl B-12 injections today....I opened the package and looked at the fluid in the syringe that has the APPEARANCE OF BLOOD and almost passed out...my knees got all wobbly...just the thought of giving that to my baby made me weak. Anyways...another Jana thing..I REFUSE to touch it..mess with it...or administer it....if it were up to me he wouldn't get it.... So I took his diaper up and lifted up his legs and she poked him in the butt and he gave me this VERY UNCOMFORTABLE LOOK.....Kinda like the "I just stubbed my toe" look. Anyways...turns out Jana poked him wrong....HOW do you poke a kid under the skin and not through the skin???? The odds of that....?? Anyways...a little Methyl-B12 bubble under the skin...I'm sure it will soak in over night. YUK. YUK YUK. Just keep me away from it all...But then again, as I've said, I'd rather get socked in the face than get a shot in the arm. I HATE NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
ANyways....OVERALL....this week has been a great week!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks for your concerns and prayers.....

--
~Nate.

No comments: