Monday, April 30, 2007

Diet

Today we're starting Kyle on a gluten free, casein free diet (GFCF). We've tried to slowly introduce this diet to him, but found that it hasn't worked well that way. So we're going cold turkey, so to speak. It will be difficult, but I've heard once you get used to it, the food is great and you prefer it anyways. Our whole family is switching over to the GFCF diet. I am networked with a bunch of families on a yahoo group for GFCF recipes. It's pretty cool what they come up with.

Temper tantrums here we come!!!! I call this "HELL WEEK." They've started already...

~Kyle's Daddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Guys...This is an awesome site. Andy and I will be keeping track and keeping you in our daily prayers. We love you.

Nate Long said...

Thanks Erin and Andy. We miss you guys!!!! We need an excuse to fly/drive to you...maybe in a couple years when we can afford it haha

sherrill777 said...

This site is a WONDERFUL idea. You can keep friends and family up to date without having to tell everyone the same things over and over again and we don't have to feel like we're nagging or being nosey. About this new diet, I'd love to hear more, especially if it works out and you all can stick to it. I mean, I'd be interested in what exactly it involves (no white bread? Low sugar foods? What?)

I love you all and pray that God gives you patience and healing!

Stephanie Samuel said...

Hello Kyle's daddy! :)
I'm a friend of your mom's from church. You've created a wonderful blog sight and I'll check in often so to know how to better pray for you all.
I'm interested in hearing how you all do on your new way of eating. Sounds very interesting.
Stephanie Samuel

Nate Long said...

Thanks for visiting Stephanie...it's great to know that people we've never met are praying for Kyle!!!